Tuesday, June 8, 2010

For the Birds & Fiesta!

We noticed a few months ago that some cute little birds built a nest high up above our front door.  The babies hatched a few weeks ago, and I took this photo when I came home for lunch today:


Those are four little babies.  The Mom and Dad birds have been easygoing until this week.  Now they dive bomb us as we run for cover to our cars.  I am hoping the babies will fly away fairly soon so I can come and go in peace, but it is neat to see them peering out!  So cute!  I would love to know what kind of birds these are if any fowl friendly readers can identify!

Also, my friend Heather and I gave a graduation party a few weeks ago for our friend, Debbie's daughter.  We had so much fun!  It was at the pool at the ballpark and it was a fiesta theme.  Heather and I made a buffet of beef tacos with crispy shells, tacos al pastor (a must try: pork tacos, soft corn tortillas, onion, cilantro, pineapple!), homemade queso and guacamole, and all the fixings.  We were so proud of ourselves - it was for 60 people!  I have a new respect for Chris and what he does every day!

We had the most fun on the decor.  We made our own Mexican Paper Flowers (really, really easy, by the way!).  Sorry for the low res photo:


We also made these graduation cap chocolate pops.  We were super pleased with these!  So much fun, and so stinkin' cute.  Bakerella rocks!


It is safe to say that our favorite project was the sign.  We found this paper at Michael's and just fell in love...different patterns that I would describe as "modern Mexican."

ok...back to my car to dodge the birds!

No comments: