Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 68

I am dragging yet again today. Today is Day 68 of the last 75 that I have spent at work. Not that I'm keeping track or anything :)
Out of those 68 days, way too many of them were 14 hour + days....I am too frustrated to count right now. This is my 11th season in baseball, and my 8th here in my current location - so I know how it goes....but this year is especially brutal. We just haven't gotten the comp time we had grown used to and expectant of. So, someone contact OSHA on our behalf please. Just kidding, I'll survive! There are two things pulling me through for today:

1. My official sponsor, Chai Tea Latte with skim milk from Starbucks -
Hot, if I have one in the morning, as I am this morning....

And iced if in the afternoon (which we often make an afternoon game day run)...but I can't have more than one a day or I'll get sick to my stomach and get the shakes! So, this morning one has to last me all day.

2. The fact that my Mom is coming tonight! I'm gonna sneak out (and when I say sneak, I am going to hunch over and walk on my tiptoes like they do in the cartoons) of the game a little early tonight to meet her. Chris is picking her up from the airport. We have a busy weekend of cramming a lot of wedding planning into a few days, but I am just so happy to have her here. I don't see my family nearly enough. I am so disappointed teleportation has not been invented because I was totally counting on that. We talk every day, unless I have games, and then it is almost every day, but there is nothing that matches being with each other in person.

Mom and Dad, circa 1988.


So, no matter how stressful and annoying wedding stuff gets this weekend, I am going to remind myself not to let it get to me and treasure this precious visit!

1 comment:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

YAY! Please tell your mom hey for me. She is so special! I know y'all are having a wonderful weekend. I can't wait to hear about all the finds!
Love ya'!