I don't know what my deal is, but I have not been sleeping well the past few nights. I'm sure it is the anticipation of everything - wedding, showers, traveling, work, events - sending my mind racing.
I am so excited to go to the beach this week, with a jaunt to Dothan for my first bridal shower! I am really looking forward to seeing my good friends in the flesh, as well as that of their offspring.
An added bonus, my sister and her family will be there. Sam is almost one, and I haven't seen him since he was a month old. Needless to say, it has been 10 months of very steady growth (Hill, he may rival Owen's weight at the same age!). I can't wait to play with him and with his big brother Campbell...they are so much fun!
After my Dad's mother passed away a few years ago, my parents gave me a beautiful diamond ring of hers. I loved it, and after much debating, I decided to get it made into something else. I have a great jeweler here, so I went there and we designed some lovely dangling diamond earrings. They were finished this week and my jeweler friends brought them to the game on Friday night. They are antiquey looking, and each earring used 6 diamonds (my grandmother's ring was blingin'!). I am happy with the outcome, and it was fun to design them. There was one additional larger diamond that I had left over, and I added that to a necklace my parents gave me a few more years earlier - they had been my Mom's mother's diamonds. I once read that it is said that gemstones carry the energy of the person who wore them, so I am happy to have both of my grandmother's energy and love with me on my wedding day, and to pass these pieces along to my children one day.
Off to get a pedicure at lunch - my feet are desperately needing some love, and they gotta look pretty for the shower this weekend! There is a Wal Mart not too far from the stadium that has a nail salon in it...I am actually gonna give that a whirl! My logic is that since it is in Wal Mart, they probably have higher standards of cleanliness as to not associate bad nail salons with the brand. Who knows? I'll report later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I need to be in your family with all the bling being passed down!!! I wish I would have seen the earrings, but I'm sure you didn't fly with them. I'm sure I'll see them on the big day!
I had such a GREAT time with you and Chris.
Can't wait to see you in a couple of months!
Post a Comment