
I have killed many a gardenia bush in my life as a "grown up." We grew up with a beautiful gardenia bush at my grandmother's house. It is my Dad's favorite flower, and we planted a bush in our yard for his birthday one year. They have the most incredible smell, and I have been trying for years to recreate that, to no avail. This year, I gave it another try. But, it was dying. I read something that said I may be overwatering, so I quit watering so often. Then my mom came to visit in July. She said I wasn't watering it enough and started dousing it. It actually shaped up! I've been keeping her watering up, and it is now so beautiful! Late last month...finally....a BLOOM! And then another. I had two more yesterday, and FOUR more getting ready. I'm so excited. I have it on my front "porch," so people can smell it as they come in. The bloom yesterday was so beautiful and perfect, so I clipped it and brought it to work to add some beauty and sweet smells to the office! That is it on the left.....so lovely!

1 comment:
Easy, Martha.
Really- it's beautiful!
Post a Comment