I got a little curious on this misspelled award (is that what makes it creative and artsy?) and googled it. It seems to be the way of the "it happend to my friend's friend" stories....some sort of blogging urban legend whose origin is unknown. So, to keep with the "Kreativ" moniker, I will be creative in my interpretation of the rules! Speaking of, here are the rules as they were when they reached Hill:1. Post the award on your blog, and link to the person who gave you the award.
2. List seven things you love.
3. List seven blogs you love.
4. E-mail or comment on those blogs to let the people know you've given them the award.
I'm gonna eliminate # 4 just because it reeks of the chain letter about mailing people about "the great panty exchange" and you end up with 17 pairs of panties if everyone does it, right? Do y'all remember those? How weird is that, and did anyone ever participate and if so, did you get any? If so, did you wear the panties from the stranger? I digress. On to playing along-
Seven things I love. To make this more interesting, I am going to try to include some pics. In no particular order:
1. The beach - it is peaceful, serene, beautiful (I am willing to argue the Florida panhandle is one of God's best masterpieces, minus the man-built things there!). It represents childhood and fond memories growing up, spending time with family when I was little and now. It reminds me of my grandmother, my aunts, uncles, and cousins, my Mom and Dad, my brothers and sister.

2. My Family. As an adult, I realize even more so how fortunate we were to grow up in our home having our parents and each other. We ate dinner together every night at our kitchen table. We went to church every Wednesday and Sunday. We played together and had fun together. We really didn't even fight much. Maybe it was our spacing in age, I don't know. But I know our house was full of life, love and adventure. We spent all day outside in our backyard or in the neighborhood with our dogs, our friends and each other. And we had a few of the best dogs ever born. I'm talking Lassie-grade-go-get-Mom,-Timmy-fell-in-the-well-type dogs.


3. My Husband. He's funny, cute, and is a chef. No really, he's actually a chef! I love it when he gets the chance to be creative and he constantly impresses me with his skill and talent. He's also a guy's guy...he loves cars and building things and diy projects. In fact, he and his Dad rebuilt and restored his 1984 CJ-7 Jeep. It is beautiful and one of his most favorite things in the world. It is actually officially a classic car this year! We get each other's humor so well and he is my best friend. He has a pure, good heart, and for that I'm thankful. I love that my nephews love him and that he wasn't afraid to hold them, even when they were tiny babies. I love that he loves camping, fishing, football, Texas AND the beach. I love that even though he is a die-hard Longhorn fan, he is also developing into a big Crimson Tide fan that knows every player and not to talk to me during a game. These are just a few things I love about him....there are too many to list!

4. My friends. I have been blessed with wonderful friends. They are like a family of their own. There's a Rober Earl Keen song that I included on our wedding cd favors that reminds me of my friends and how it feels to be around them..."Feelin Good Again." That's how they make me feel, no matter how much time has passed. I hold friendships like these dear and close to my heart, and truly know how fortunate I am to know so many people with such wonderful hearts. 





5. Niece and Nephews - I know technically this should fall under "Family," but I meant immediate family that I grew up with there. We have one niece, Avery - Chris' sister's daughter, and two nephews, Campbell and Sam - my sister's sons. They are all so funny, so smart, and so darn cute.





6. College Football - I wouldn't truly be a southern girl if I didn't pledge my allegiance to the SEC, and I wouldn't truly be a Whatley if I didn't bleed crimson. I love the memories, the atmosphere, the joy, and even the heartache that football season brings. And there is no better place to experience that than Bryant-Denney Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I am looking forward to this Saturday, my ONE day off from baseball this month...I will be plopped in front of the tv watching the A-Day game on ESPN. I am so excited it will be nationally televised. I cannot wait to take Chris to Tuscaloosa, show him all the places I lived and how our sorority house is literally in the shadows of our awesome stadium. Roll Tide! And for you Auburn folks, I can muster a SEC cheer at least! Also, I am branching out to the Big 12, and have become quite the Longhorn fan. The day Alabama and Texas play each other, Chris and I may have to have a trial separation! 

7. Country Drives - I love hopping in the jeep with Chris, driving where the wind blows us, and enjoying the scenery along the way. I find for a few hours, I forget the daily worries and just enjoy the beautiful landscape that God has provided us on this planet. It rejuvenates my soul and eases my mind. I am so thankful I don't have to drive far to see some of these:




Honorable Mentions: Godiva chocolate, cheese of any kind, fresh peas and butterbeans from Alabama, when anyone else cooks for me, skiing, music, skiing while listening to music, the internet, girls night, wine, making people happy, the way babies smell, the way puppies smell, plants, farmers markets, lighting, Target, Sephora, pedicures, sunsets, sleeping in, laughing, collecting crosses, taking photos outside, painting, and a clean house.
Now, for Part 2...seven blogs I love (I won't mention Hillary's or Sara's, since Hill has been mentioned and she covered Sara's in hers):
1. The Pioneer Woman - she's funny, I love that she lives on a ranch, and offers great recipes and photo tips!
2. Darby-Fly Through My Window- she's precious with precious children. I grew up with her husband and love that he married such a wonderful person. She is an amazing mother and talented crafter and cook to boot. She has lots of creative ideas...if you don't read her blog...you must start!
3. Urban Grace Interiors Blog - Erika is Darby's twin sister and equally precious. She's a very talented designer with a great eye for art. I love her site for inspiration and ideas, as well as her wonderful photos.
4. These are the Days - an old friend from elementary and middle school, Candi has a great blog with lots of good recipies!
5. Hostess with the Mostess - great inspiration for an event planner and party giver!
6. DListed - ok, this is a guilty pleasure and it is even blocked by my server at work. It's not always nice, but is usually funny.
7. Go Fug Yourself - another guilty pleasure. The girls that write this are hilarious.
I have to admit, those last two are not necessarily a blog that I "Love," but I just don't read that many apparently! I guess I should have included Sara and Hillary after all....because they are the only other two I read regularly and love truly.
I have avoided work most of the morning doing this post. I'll be here until 10:30 p.m. anyway, so I guess it works out. I should see about this growing stack on my desk though..Have a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment