Saturday, October 25, 2008

Less than a month!

I've been a really bad blog poster. I keep thinking of little things in the middle of the night that I want to post about, and then obviously forget. So just know I have some really clever topics. Just don't have a memory!
Tonight, Chris is out on his bachelor party. His best friend (and man), Wade organized it all. They went to the UT/Oklahoma State game (what a game!), out for barbecue, and who knows about the rest! I'm not worried about what the guys take Chris to though...besides being a good, trustworthy guy...he is generally very grossed out by "dancers." That's one of the good points of his extreme cleanliness (which don't we all want that quality in a chef?)...they don't like dirty things!
I am a little delirous right now, I had to get up at 5:30 this morning and then worked 12 hours.... I know, all the moms out there are scoffing at me, but I'm very much in that childless mindset of "I need my sleep." It affected me so much that on this, the "Third Saturday in October," I actually considered taking a nap during halftime of the Alabama/Tennessee game.

So, my goal is to at some point post all the little details of my wedding that meant the most to me...the little touches and diy projects or etsy purchases that I love. It amazes me the blogs and websites devoted to daily postings on this subject...truly insane. But it is neat to take an idea here, another there, and have your own twist on it.

I truly can't believe our wedding is in less than a month. At this point, I was fearful of the stress taking over. While there is stress with the little to do lists, I am happy to report that the excitement of marrying my best friend and having my family and friends here to celebrate easily overrides it. Besides, there are those six days in Puerto Morelos to remember. I thought I would do all this research on stuff we can do, and while I have that information, I am pretty much sure of the fact that I will spend the first few days in a relaxed coma-like state of de-stressing bliss.

I'm so happy that I have experience in event planning and am a firm believer in the excel spreadsheet. Otherwise, this whole thing could be a disaster. My sister has gone above and beyond the heavy title of Matron of Honor and has designed every piece of paper that you will see involved in my wedding. She is amazing. The time she has spent doing these things for me could be someone's full time job for a month, and she actually still has one of those and is amazing wife and mother to an-almost-seven-year-old, and a happy, chunky 14-month-old.

This whole engagement experience started out amazing. I loved that walking-on-air, nothing-can-upset-me cloud of fluff and love and all things nice that I floated on for a few weeks. Then, this stressful do-this, do-that thing happened. I missed that happy, non-realistic period. So did Chris! My dear friend Caroline recently got engaged and I advised her to hold on to that feeling as long as she can because the stress will poke it's head in at some point. However, Caroline...do not fret...the good feeling comes back just in time before the big day.

Now, for fun...favorite tv shows that you watch on a weekly basis (the ones you DVR). These are mine, comment, or post, yours.

  • Jon & Kate Plus 8 (Aiden is my fave...the one with glasses. spend each episode just watching his reactions and what he says ("the froggy is raisiny" and "I can't see sheep!" are my personal faves))
  • Oprah (although I am quicker to delete before watching lately...but I just can't write her off 100% yet)
  • The Mentalist (new show, we're giving it a try...it's ok)
  • Criminal Minds (LOVE it!)
  • Grey's Anatomy (although it has kinda mostly sucked the past two seasons)
  • Desperate Housewives (DITTO, times 10)
  • Project Runway
  • Entourage
  • Big Love (not coming back on until January 2009)

Of these, I heart Criminal Minds, Jon and Kate, Runway, and Entourage the best. The rest, I pretty much watch in the hope that it will improve and be awesome again and when it does, I won't have to catch up.

Other non-dvr's: Design to Sell (Lisa Laporta only!), House Hunters, No Reservations (Anthony Bourdain show), whatever that Bear Grylls show is called, and Kathy Griffin specials.

I guess that is a tag, but whatever...just wanted to share this and would love to hear your faves.

Wedding posts later...

No comments: