-Frozen, peeled, deveined shrimp
-4 packets of regular instant grits (I know, I am commiting a southern sin using instant grits - but they really are good!)
-cheese! we always use shredded cheddar as the main star, but fresh parmesean, manchego and a shredded Italian blend have all made an appearance along side with the cheddar
- 2 cups milk
-1 shallot
-1 lemon
-fresh baby spinach
-blackened seasoning
Put the shrimp in a bowl and run cold water over it. In a few minutes, they will be ready to go. Drain them and dry them off with a paper towel. Season with blackened seasoning - be pretty light on this. We can't seem to find a blackened seasoning that doesn't have MSG in it...so we aren't crazy about that...but regardless, it is salty, so don't overdo it.
Heat up olive oil in a pan and brown the shrimp - until they look like this on both sides:
Meanwhile, pour two cups of milk in pyrex bowl with 4 packets of instant grits. Microwave for four minutes. In another pan, saute shallots.
We just added the shallots to this dish this past time...they add delicious nuttiness! Yummy.
Add the fresh spinach to the shallots. It cooks down quickly to look like this:
Oh yeah, and add the cheese to the grits:
Then, put it all together and serve!
This takes 20 minutes at most....enjoy!

1 comment:
I love that you took grits to Tx.
And that I thought of Snoop Dog and high school with this title.
Thank you. :)
Post a Comment