
My Mom and Dad are celebrating their 46th Anniversary today. I can't put into words how much I love my parents. While life has always thrown them curve balls, they always still manage to have fun and enjoy life. I know this is because their strong faith in God and it inspires me to strengthen my own - because way too often I find myself focusing on the worry and not simply trusting. I love being with them, and so does my husband - which is such a blessing. They are my best friends, the best people I know, and the best role models for a loving marriage. Little did my "adventurous" 22-year-old self know that when I moved to Texas that I would cry like a baby missing them. Oh, the distance is the hardest thing. I would love advice on how others deal with it! Besides winning the lottery so I could fly home once a month.
When they celebrated their first anniversary, my Mom had just graduated from the University of Alabama. The story goes that she made Dad a cake and in the icing wrote "Happy Anniversity!" She was so used to writing the word "university" so when she got to the "nivers" part of "anniversary," well...it is obvious what happened. Every year since, in our family, June 9 has been referred to the "anniversity."
I love you, Mama and Daddy! (that's a southern girl for you) And I miss you!!!

1 comment:
Awww. I love your mom and dad, too! What an awesome picture from the wedding!
Jason's parents celebrated their 41st on the 8th! Those June brides... :)
And I'm so glad to get the whole story on the anniversity! Too cute!
Post a Comment