Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday

I am usually really lazy on Saturdays. Well, Saturdays that I have baseball games especially. I go to work around 2 p.m., and generally laze around till 11 or 12 and barely get out the door in time. And while I am working later today (by the way, the team is suddenly in first place...when did that happen?), for some reason I woke up early and energized. I went to a farmers market nearby and stocked up! I LOVE Farmers Markets, especially smaller ones. There are some in Austin that are like a huge festival every Saturday, and that can be a bit much for me. Behold, my bounty:


My goal is to actually use it all or give away what I don't think I will use. I am so excited to try Darby's Squash Casserole recipe! I have been craving it ever since she posted it - it's just a matter of getting a few more ingredients from the store. I may try to go shopping after tonight's game and make it before I leave for work tomorrow. Delish! This morning, I had tomatoes and cucumber along with two boiled farm fresh eggs - one of our ushers at the ballpark brings us wonderful fresh eggs from his daughter's farm...they are so much better than store bought eggs!

And for my husband, who does love vegetables has a sweet tooth, I stood in line for 30 mintues for some famous Round Rock Donuts. I am not a pastry person, but even I will enjoy one of these! You may have heard about these on a Travel Channel or Food Network show.

Lastly, remember our backyard bunny? We haven't seen him in a while....I'm hoping he is just burrowed in his hole because of the hot temperatures, but we do have a new backyard pet that we now see almost every day:


Have a great Saturday!


1 comment:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Lizard? Gecko? Does he save me money on my car insurance? Who is that?
YAY for you and the fresh veggies. They look spectacular! I hope you love the squash. Please do tell if you try it!