Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Not just in my mind anymore

A friend of my parents saw this photo online, and forwarded it along to us. It was on a website of old Dothan photos that people can upload. The Charcoal Steakhouse was my Mom's parents' restaurants in Dothan. I have heard so many stories about this place growing up. The orginal location was in downtown Dothan and burned down. This was the second location and was out on that new thing called "Ross Clark Circle" (the location was later the Kings Inn in Dothan. Not sure what it is now.


I have seen different shots of the inside of the restaurant, and one of the sign on the building on the left there....but never the neon or the front. I didn't even know that they had neon. Which is surprising, since my grandmother was an amazing storyteller of her life. I remember many a morning at her breakfast table with stories about my grandfather (who died in his early 40's and was the love of her life!), my Mom as a girl, old Dothan, her childhood in south Alabama and on a south Texas ranch, and as a young woman in Birmingham...and everything in between. She lived her life as an adventure - but in 4 inch heels and dressed to the nines!

1 comment:

Steven said...

Quite worthwhile piece of writing, thanks for the article.
how to treat adrenal fatigue | Limo Services In Rhode Island | ford dealer