Saturday, March 28, 2009

Chair Makeover...Any Ideas?




This chair is not the prettiest, I know. But it is sentimental. It was in my parents' room growing up and was "Dad's Chair." It had an ottoman at one point...no idea where that is now. When my parents redecorated their room when I was in college, I took it and used it in my house and later apartment in college, and then again in my apartment in Austin, on to my townhouse, and now in our house. It is upstairs in a office/den room. I really don't want to part with it, because it reminds me so much of growing up, sitting in my Dad's lap reading the paper. It is dated and definitley has an early 80's vibe...so I would LOVE to make it over. Being leather, I just don't know if it is possible. I was thinking of replacing the tufted buttons with really large buttons in the same color leather...that might be interesting. Not sure if there is any help to be done though...what do y'all think? Please let me know if you have any ideas!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I am catching up on two mounds of laundry from our trip. I have been wearing clothes from 1998 this week because I am so far behind on laundry -which reminds me, time to do a goodwill donation too! Going to try a fun restaurant with two of my girlfriends tonight - so I am excited about that. I haven't been out to eat for fun in forever!

2 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I wish I knew of an idea, Laura! I've got nothing! Maybe call an apolstry place in town and ask about their options?
I hope you had fun at dinner.

CLS said...

I think you might have to go with re-doing the leather all together because if you tried to slip cover it, it would probably just slide right off! Good luck though! I can still picture my Dad's chair from when I was little but it is long gone!