Monday, March 23, 2009

lovely week


I had the most wonderful week - a road trip from Austin to New Orleans to Panama City Beach to Dothan and all back again. It was a whirlwind, and I think I'm a bit run down, as a cold is taking hold of me. My parents' friends had a party for us in Dothan, which was so nice. I got to see old and new friends and catch up with some wonderful people. A longer post to follow...it's of course craaazy at work, so I am still here working at 7:47 p.m.....but here are a few photos to make up for the lack of words -


"three little birds, each by my doorstep:"


peacefulness:



on the drive to Dothan, my Mom's favorite piece of land:



makes me happy - my parents' screened in porch:

my friend, Hillary's boys at their Big Daddy and GiGi's house in Dothan:

my friend, Sarah, and her twins (her son had an incident with the night stand in the middle of the night, thus the shiner!) at her parents' house:

Sarah's 6-month old...a happy little girl!:

Chris and I enjoying a BEAUTIFUL DAY:

Mama and I enjoying the same beautiful day, in the exact same spot:

Me and my Dad, getting some shore fishing in:

my precious and hilarious nephews, stowing away in the back of our car for the ride back to Texas:
























4 comments:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Precious! Thanks for the sweet picture of my kiddos. Your camera is great! I want to hear all about it.
I am still a little jet-lagged from the trip, too, so I imagine you are still a little woozy!
Loved seeing you! I had a blast!

CLS said...

I am soooo jealous of those pics from PCB! Looks like you guys had a great time! Your nephews are too cute and your parents look the same as they did when we were in 5th grade!

meredith said...

That is also my mom's favorite piece of land on the way to the beach! Great seeing you and meeting Chris last week. Glad y'all had a safe trip home!

~Meredith

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

Glad you got to enjoy Dothan again. I am headed back in 2 weeks. Thanks for posting all those pictures...I haven't seen Sarah's kids yet...they are adorable. Hillary's...well, I can't get enough of them...they are cuties!!!