Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Recipe - a yummy and healthy side

I would never have subscribed to any Martha Stewart magazine, not that I totally dislike her, I just am hesitant to contribute to her empire. I admit she has some amazing ideas that appeal to my o.c.d. dreams of perfect organization, and I would probably sacrifice a baby toe to be able to fold a fitted sheet like she can.....but I digress. Last year, I was threatened with my airline miles from Delta expiring, and it was use 'em or lose 'em time, and my option was magazine subscriptions. There weren't many to choose from that I would have wanted, but several of my co-workers now subscribe to Golf magazine, and there are a few of you out there that got a few others. In the end, I went with one- Martha Steward Everyday Cooking or something like that. It is a little magazine - old tv guide style, or Soap Opera Digest, if you will - I thumb through them eventually and every now and then, find a recipe that does not sound half bad. The photo is what made me try this one - it LOOKED good. I had never had cooked cauliflower before, so didn't know what to expect, but I knew it was not a favorite raw. I am happy to report it is really good..especially the pieces that kinda carmelize. It is EASY and good for you! So check it out:

Martha Stewart’s Roasted Cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower broken into florets
2 TB olive oil
1 ½ tsp. paprika
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450.
Spread cauliflower florets on a rimmed baking sheet covered with foil. Sprinkle with oil and paprika and toss to coat.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Roast until lightly browned, 20-25 minutes.