Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Favorite Wedding Things


Since I got married in Austin, and not in Alabama or the beach, I wanted to have little elements that reminded me of home. A big part of my childhood and life as a whole is the beach, so I pulled a few things from the lovely Florida Gulf Coast. I have always collected Mother of Pearl shells...I love their shimmer and beauty. I have made a few gifts out of them (a necklace for my sister, and crosses for my Mom and Mother-in-Law). So, when I found this on Etsy....I knew it was the perfect ring-carrier. My nephew (the tow-headed moppet to the right) carried this with our rings nestled safely inside. I love this seller on Etsy, and while she doesn't have this for sale right now, all of her items are unique and beautiful. Best of all, I now have the shell displayed in my home on a shelf...so it keeps on giving. More wedding favorites coming.....

1 comment:

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

Laura!! I JUST found your blog on Hillary's. Yea!