
I am at work today....I am helping out with National Anthem tryouts. It is always an interesting process complete with stage moms, little girls acting WAY too mature for their age, Arethra Franklin or Garth Brooks wannabes, and extreme liberties taken with our country's anthem. We tend to go for the ones that are a minute and half long (after all, games really need to start at 7:05 p.m....nothing gets a pitching coach more angry than a 3 minute anthem that may get his pitcher's warm up all messed up), and no fancy business...just keep it the way it was written, and please don't add 17 extra syllables to "brave." We will have many keys hit, many words forgotten, I will be extremely sick of this wonderful song by 4 p.m.
*The above photo is one I took at one of our anthems of people that sang it perfectly and with lovely respect...the Dixie Chicks. We are fortunate to have some extremely qualified folks like them sing...and obviously don't make them try out. :)

2 comments:
no fair! you get to meet all these celebrities and talented people. but yeah, i am sure that you are tired of that song right about now...
I love that story you told us several years ago about this and I still remember it. Sounds like a funny day!
Post a Comment